Friday, July 27, 2012

Isolation Is Not Freedom

Stick figures participating in the "Releasing Prayer." More tools for transformation.

In this month of July Freedom has been the theme. Last week we heard from Reverend Heather on the topic "Partaking of Your Perfection." So when Dr. Heather shared this tidbit in her Sunday address I immediately tweeted it out as it resonated with me.

"When we try to be perfect we put up shields, perfection is different from perfectionism."

I thought of how in my desire to shield myself from criticism I have often chose to isolate myself. This form of "shielding" has taken many forms but none have given me the freedom I desired.

Because what I am learning is that Freedom is in forgiveness and we need to practice it every day.

Forgiving yourself being the most important forgiveness of all.

Cause I'm free to do what I want any old time ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!