BrainAdvantage it was an illuminating talk.
Here are some of my tweets (how I take notes)
- Your brain has 100 billion cells, w 100 trillion connections...
- Memory is stored brain-wide, 3 kinds, sensory, short term & long term
- Short term memory decays rapidly 200ms & has limited capacity
- What can you do to help cognitive function? Exercise, Nutrition, Learn Something New. (try ballroom dancing)
- So, Learn something new everyday!
- Your Right Brain is Right Here, Right Now.
- Your Left Brain is linear and thinks in language, it is that little voice in your head that says "I am"
Take the time to watch this powerful story about how our brains define us and connect us to the world and to one another.
This Thursday at 7 "ADHD is not just for kids"