Monday, October 29, 2012

The Importance of Continuous Spiritual Learning

This week I start two 8-week classes to continue my spiritual learning at the Center for Spiritual Living - Capistrano Valley.  I will be participating in "The Creative Process in the Individual" and "Meditation is More Than You Think."

The commitment for me personally is much more than dedicating two nights a week to my own personal spiritual growth.

It's making sure I have child care.  It's making sure my boys are bathed early, already fed, and ready for bed by the time I leave for my classes.  By the time I get to a night class, I may be tired, but I also know that when I leave that night, I will no longer be the person I was walking in.

That could be an easy excuse to bow out of classes, and yes, it would be much easier to do so, however, I know that the commitments I have made to spiritual classes, business seminars, etc. in the past have up-levelled my life in such a way that it's no longer an option to stop.

I once heard, "If you aren't growing, then you are staying the same."

Because of my continued growth in the last few years, I'm stronger, I'm worry-free, I'm more successful, I'm more patient with my kids, I am more loving and appreciative towards my husband.  I'm better at what I do because I continue to stretch myself.  All because I committed to continued learning.

For every class I take there are others committing to their same growth.

We grow together and thrive together!  We watch each other grow, we build a community of support and guidance.  I'm not alone in this endeavor, I simply ask that you take a look in the mirror and ask, "How have I committed myself to my own spiritual growth?"

The lesson here is:  We commit to our families, our children, our jobs, etc.  But it's MORE important to commit to ourselves! As we continue to grow spiritually, we automatically become better at all the roles we play in life...i.e. father, daughter, wife, husband, mother, father, etc.

I invite you to join me this week and be my partner in advancing our spiritual growth - Visit the Center's home page to see what classes are being offered!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!