Friday, December 14, 2012

Have You Ever Tried a Writing Meditation?

Insight Timer is an iPhone app to
time and track your meditation time.
I had never tried a writing meditation. A couple Sunday's ago Dr. Rev. Heather spoke of this "writing meditation," another tool for transformation, especially suited for tapping into your inner guidance system. 

The idea intrigued me. Sitting quietly in a lotus position is how I have defined meditation in the past. I didn't know you could write while meditating! I guess I should have taken the meditation class.

It was recommended that you write for 30 minutes. Giving yourself that long gives a chance for all the resistance to drain out.

I used my iPhone's "Insight Timer" to do my first writing meditation. As you can see from my settings in the picture I chose to meditate for 30 minutes. I decided to just quiet my mind for the first 10 minutes and then write for the remaining 20.

 What a great technique! Write down some questions and just keep writing. Try it for yourself. It only takes 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!