Sunday, March 3, 2013

LIVING IN THE MOMENT


My daily commute to work always consists of listening to positive music that uplifts me and keeps me centered, especially whilst dodging crazy drivers on the I-5 and trying to stay safe.  I spend a lot of time with Jason Mraz in my car, not only because I adore his voice, but also because his music is so filled with LOVE and truth.  In his song, "Living In The Moment", he starts it with:

If this life is one act
Why do we lay all these traps?
We put them right in our path
When we just wanna be free

I will not waste my days
Making up all kinds of ways
To worry about all the things
That will not happen to me

So I just let go of what I know I don't know
And I know I'll only do this by
Living in the moment


How much time do you spend thinking and worrying about the future?  I know that I tend to stress myself out thinking about all of the daunting tasks that are set before me.  Then, I remember that right here and right now, all is well.  Tomorrow is not here.  I stop, look around, and see the amazing beauty that surrounds me, living in Southern California, and remember to be grateful for my surroundings, my health, my friends, my family and all the gifts that I receive from every person I meet on a daily basis.  When I do that, my stress tends to dissipate little by little.

Later in the song Jason sings:

I'm letting myself off the hook for things I've done
I let my past go past
And now I'm having more fun
I'm letting go of the thoughts
That do not make me strong
And I believe this way can be the same for everyone

And if I fall asleep
I know you'll be the one who'll always remind me
To live in the moment


 

How often do you dwell on the past and hold onto anger and resentment?  What I know is that every experience we have had has brought us to this moment in perfection.  Although those not-so-pleasant experiences don't appear to be in alignment with our greater good, there is always a gift of some type in which we cannot always see.  Whether or not it can be seen right now, the key component is LETTING IT GO and not allowing it to keep creeping up in our present lives.  Why live in the past!!!  What would happen if you just let it go and didn't dwell upon it?  What would you lose?  What would you gain?  Just something to think about.

The song concludes:

I'm living in the moment
I'm living my life
Oh, easy and breezy
With peace in my mind
Peace in my heart
Peace in my soul
Wherever I'm going, I'm already home
I'm living in the moment



Easy and breezy...doesn't that sound heavenly!  If I'm at peace with myself and the world, life is easy and breezy, and who wouldn't want that.  I'll take it.  Thanks to musicians such as Jason Mraz and so many other amazing songwriters who grace my car stereo, I do take it and live it.  See you on the roads   Namaste'


 

3 comments:

  1. Love this song Karyn! Thanks for sharing! I've watched the video a few times and now I'm off to itunes to download it. What a great song for my mind :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karyn. I loved your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful song Karyn and post. Thank you for touching our Souls with your music.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Comment!