Monday, April 1, 2013

Never Too Old For An Easter Basket

Never Too Old For An Easter Basket
Never Too Old For An Easter Basket

The week leading up to Easter my teenage daughters were dropping hints every chance they got about wanting Easter baskets. I make them baskets every year but I wasn't sure about this year.

Not only did they want Easter Baskets but they wanted to color eggs as well! My heart swelled with joy. I feel when your children hit the double digits the clock is ticking when it comes to Easter.

I'm learning to live in the moment and for this year at least Easter is saved. By that I mean I get to enjoy watching my big girls delight in traditions that they loved as little ones. I don't think I've cherished an Easter more than I have this one.

I still hear the clock ticking but I'm not going to let go of these lovely traditions easily.
They will probably get Easter baskets from me well into adulthood.

Because no one is ever too old for Easter Baskets!

1 comment:

  1. My heart swelled while reading this. You are so right! Easter is my mom's favorite holiday too so we always try to include her in our Easter celebration including egg coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Comment!