Friday, July 12, 2013

How the Practice of Listening Gave Me Answers

San Onofre Water Blessing
San Onofre Water Blessing 
Have you ever been witness to a scene that just wouldn't leave your memory. This happened to me just this last week. It wasn't an unusual scene but there must have been something in it that I needed to think about.

My 7 year old nephew was over to play with Ella. It was about an hour before bedtime and we let them know that.

"But isn't Ella going to come and play at MY house" asked Dane. "Well no, not tonight."

Meltdown.

And then my articulate and insightful Ella said compassionately to her cousin "I know Dane. I know. Sometimes when I don't get things the way I want them I just don't want them at all."

Wow! I resemble that remark.

I recognized a little of myself in that statement. I had a brief impulse to correct this "immature" point of view but then I thought maybe I should explore this in my own thoughts before I jump to correct the children. I chose to listen.

I have been struggling with this in my own way. When political, economic, environmental injustices occur I feel angry, unheard and sometimes I rail against the world all in my own head. I want to be heard and there is also a part of me that wants to burn the house down.

I want to matter. I want to make things better. I want everyone to jump on board and say "YES YES YES." And they don't always do it. After all I have all the answers to MY perfect world worked out in my head.

But what I learned this week is that Spirit is always supporting us. Even when we feel like pouting children Spirit is there sending messages and love. It's so remarkable.

So, would you like to know what I have learned?

Maybe your "Divine Discontent" is pointing you to your work. 
When Ian Percy came to our center he brought this idea. Your passion is energy drawing you to the work you were meant to do. We all have a part to play. Strong emotions point us in the direction of our path.

Make Constructive Use of What You Have
And then a book popped into my life. A small book by Wallace Wattles entitled "How to Get What You Want" I didn't even know it existed even though I had read his more popular book "The Science of Getting Rich" till the book was worn and falling apart. This book brought a message I had not heard before.

"Do not reach out after more until you have life to spare after doing perfectly all that you have to do now."

We all have things to do. They are ours to do. We are given gifts and passions and it is up to us to express them. You want to move things forward then bring your best self forward. Look around you and get creative about how you can leverage all your blessings. You have so many. Honor them.

You and Now are the only point of transformation that you are ever going to have.

We mustn't fight amongst ourselves. We must find a way to work together in Unity.
And Wednesday night we received a message from a dear dear friend that Dr. Masaru Emoto author of "The Hidden Messages in Water" and Ruben Saufkie would be performing his beautiful Hopi Water Blessing for the waters at San Onofre.

Again, things didn't turn out quite how I had hoped as I ended up chasing my 2 year old around piles of stinking fly infested seaweed while the ceremony was taking place. But as I chased her around I heard loud and clear "We mustn't fight amongst ourselves. We must find a way to work together in Unity."

It must have been the message I needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!