Saturday, May 17, 2014

Smile


A simple way to put a smile on your face: Draw a smiley face on something. 



Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
-Thich Nhat Hanh


Today's installment of the Joyous Living Journal is titled Smile. Sometimes my daughter will put a happy face on her finger, her paperwork, her pants, or anywhere.  It gives us both a little smile whenever each of us sees them.  I remember when she was in pre-school, she came home with this big sheet of paper that was her art project for the day.   The top half was empty, the bottom half was filled with art.  I asked her what it was and she said, "Its a bunch of happy faces."  Sure enough, they were there in every direction.  Some of them didn't quite look like happy faces, but they were.  I assumed the top half was empty due to her inability to reach that part of the easel.  When I reflect on this art piece from her childhood it always make me smile, even the part of not being able to reach the top half.  I use experiences as this to remember to be joy-filled, remember to laugh, and keep that childlike sense about me.  I love to be silly with my husband and children.  I know our home will always be filled with laughter.

The affirmation in Joyous Living Journal is:

I am a joy-filled, playful, open,laughing, loving being!


Internet Picture source: smile_by_dottydotcom.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!