Friday, January 16, 2015

Better than Magic

"There is no hocus-pocus in a mental treatment. It is always definite, conscious, concrete and explicit."    Ernest Holmes, The Science of Mind
If you are like me, you appreciate a good magic show. A few months ago, some friends and I went to the Magic Castle. It was indeed a magical night of seemingly impossible tricks... a dollar bill appearing where it could not have been, a magician, knowing exactly which card you picked, etc. We were all filled with wonder.  Yet all of us knew that these were tricks.  It seemed to be magical, but really was sleight of hand.

When we first study and apply the Science of Mind, our results might feel miraculous! However, it is really the orderly working of the immaculate law of Mind. If we are not careful, we could miss the connection.

When we pray (treat) from an awareness of the good we seek as  already being present,our good immediately becomes manifest in our world. One recent example in  my life is I was praying for financial increase fro myself personally. The very next week I received a beautiful gift of a tithe from a Center in Southern California. It came out of the blue. There wasn't even a letter with it, but I could guess what the tithe represented to them. But my truth is that it was the result of definite, conscious, concrete and explicit prayer! I knew what I wanted and I received it.

James Allen wrote, We think in secret and it comes to pass.
Environment is but a looking glass."

One of the ways we can increase our receptivity to our good is to acknowledge what brought it to us. I acknowledged my prayer partner and the gift giver. I am deeply grateful for all the gifts that the Divine Presence has given me. I am grateful that It is always guiding me. I am grateful that it is not capricious but is dependable and steadfast. It is better than magic.

We call the results of prayer our demonstration. It is a demonstration of the Principle of Mind. It is normal and natural just like plugging a lamp into an electrical socket. But it always feels amazing to me! It feels amazing that the one power is at my fingertips at all times. It is amazes me and it humbles me. But why wouldn't it? We are made in the image and likeness of the Divine Presence and Its Immaculate Law. There is no hocus-pocus about it.

The Magic Castle
Magician Practising His Craft


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!