Monday, February 22, 2016

The Love Of Life Itself Is Healing!

Yes…Being a real Lover…let’s talk some more about Love this week…It’s healing and transformative characteristics.

Love is the most important healing power there is.  -Louise Hay

Love is the inner eye that sees God everywhere. Love is the great healer.  -Emmet Fox

Your mind is at the essential center…your core… of all that you think and do…as well as, all that your body does for you. When a disruptive circumstance, situation or event…such as illness or dis-ease… occurs that requires healing, it is your mind, based on your emotions…that which speaks through your heart… that is responsible for the actions required to accomplish healing and recovery. But what is healing… and how does your mind participate?

Healing carries two definitions. Sometimes it entails assisting the body itself to physically heal a wound or disease.   Just as often, and  more importantly, it entails helping the person heal that place inside heart and mind where conflicts, resentments, disappointments, lack of forgiveness, and sorrow reside. This is crucial to realize…for any feelings can directly impact the body's ability to heal itself.

Please know that these two definitions go hand in hand. Doctors and western medicine perform the major work of physical healing of a wound or disease, while any of the work done in the heart and mind is an inside job…calling forth our Authentic Power from within. However amazing the skills and results that western medicine can produce, we can remember that it is, essentially, arranging body parts and organs. Once the body is put together, or attended to physically in any way, it is the heart and mind that orchestrate all that occurs to allow the body to heal itself. The clearer the heart and mind are about that work, the more smoothly the healing goes. Negative, fear-based, or hostile emotions can stall, hinder or totally block the body's ability to heal. Those emotions in our heart space produce like thoughts…which, in turn, produce our external world of health and Well-BEING, or something much less…the incidence of dis-ease.

As earthlings we are endowed with a unique ability to step outside ourselves. Our minds can see ourselves as strangers. We become the observer.  This ability is directly linked to how we can heal ourselves in the following ways.

Sometimes what we long for is compassion and Love. I Love compassion and Love…it feels good!  To heal ourselves with compassion, we must first allow the wounded part to speak to us.  Over 10 years ago, I was diagnosed with breast cancer…right there in Breast Cancer Awareness month. Go figure.  In somewhat disbelief…after all, I’m a Health & Wellness Empowerment Coach, I sat quietly with myself. I brought an image of my right breast into my mind.  I asked it directly, "Why are you sick with a cancerous lump?" The answer came as an image of me taking care of the needs of everyone, but myself.  Yes…I heard an answer…she spoke to me loud and clear… "You seem to nourish everyone but me!" ("Me," meaning my right breast, as well as mySelf).  No surprise that the emotional ingredient of incidence of breast cancer in women is highly attributable to the inability to nurture and nourish oneSelf.  I spent some time commiserating with my breast, as well as with my heart space, and agreed to remember it always. The right healing modalities were called forward to me. I have been cancer free for over 10 years, and regularly now nurture, nourish, and even indulge mySelf as preventative measure…after all, that’s what Wellness is…and I AM very much a Breast cancer Thrivor! You can talk with your wound. Find out what it needs, and provide it. Having compassion…Loving, rather than battling and fearing… for the wound and for yourself allows healing to occur.

We need to let go of limiting beliefs about our right or ability to be healthy. We can then fill that space in our minds with affirmations such as… "I love my completely healthy body," "Every day my body (leg, arm, etc.) is healing in a normal and perfect way," "I am daily grateful for my healthy body."  Rev. Bruce speaks to this point, as he reminds us to include every body part, cell and organ that functions for us in our list of those 100 things per day we are thankful for. These can be sung, printed out on paper and pasted to the bathroom mirror or the hub of your steering wheel, woven into a cross-stitch, written in the sand, or recognized in any way that keeps it before you.  YES…whatever works!  Affirmations help us create the reality we seek, even when they sound untrue or strange in the beginning. The body listens to what we say to it. Of this…I AM certain!

Sometimes we can…and just need to… see the humor in our situation. Humor is, indeed, the best medicine and antidote for anger…the fuel for many diseases.  When I was a child, my brother and I were horsing around, chasing each other around the house, despite my great aunt’s requests for us to stop.  Well, my brother ended up pushing me into a wall, where I hit my head.  Upon seeing blood now pouring from my head, and his face saying “It’s not my fault”, I immediately burst into fear, anger, as well as tears.  My dear great aunt’s response was to immediately jump up, yell some obscenity at us, all the while bang her coffee cup and ashtray…she was a major smoker and coffee drinker… on the kitchen table.  Upon witnessing her reaction, my brother and I burst out laughing.  We laughed all the way to the emergency room for my sutures.  Some 48 or so years later, as I write this…I’m still laughing, as I picture this, as if it were yesterday.   Humor is the opposite side of the coin of anger. Not sarcasm or derision, but true humor. 
Laughter lets it all out… and restores healthy balance…and, likely, stops, or at least, controls the bleeding!

And talking about Love regardless of situation, circumstance or event…Acceptance and use of an experience can create an environment that promotes, provokes, and allows the body to heal. My friend was in a car accident and badly hurt, with many broken bones. She came out of the hospital with an array of metal plates and pins holding her together. Discharged into a rehabilitation nursing facility because she was so incapacitated, she found herself surrounded by very weak and sick elderly people. She chose to accept the experience as a series of lessons about BEING still… and about acceptance of support from others. She also determined to get to know the other residents by name and to hear each of their stories before she left the facility. When she did leave, the residents were talking more with each other, and addressing each other by name far more than before. Looking at her today, you would not know she had been so broken, and she came away from the experience with a new and uplifted sense of herSelf. Simply using an experience as a place to learn about yourSelf and others in a good way is powerfully healing.  

I invite you to accept and love that which is now ailing you…in body, mind, Spirit, relationship, career, Life Purpose…and everything in between!  Trust and Believe, your healing, as well as Transformation and Empowerment will be yours! Yes…Trust and Believe…I Know!

These are just a few of the ways that your heart and mind space can heal you, inside and out. In life, many opportunities will arise to challenge our understanding of who we are. We have the capacity to be mindful and powerful, and to use our heart and mind to direct ourselves toward health. Your heart and mind remain at the very center of all that you think and do… and all that your body does or does not do, for you.

To Our Health, Well-BEING & Empowerment Together!

With Love & Blessings!
Rhonda
p.s. AreYou ready to Celebrate Life?!  Let's talk!

"There is a mighty Power within you. There is that Spirit of Life, Light, and Love. The more you feast on these ideas and fast from old corrosive ones, the closer you experience the Life you desire."
-Frank Richelieu, The Art of Being Yourself

Rhonda Maria Farrah, MA, DRWA
The Wellness Institute International
949.527.1574

Licensed Teacher
The Art of Feminine Presence

Author  of the Forthcoming Book
How To Live & LOVE During The Process of Divorce...
A Journey In Healing & Transformation


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!