Friday, April 1, 2016

Where in the World is She?

I am preparing to fly to Costa Rica for my nephew's wedding. I am very excited and feel blessed and honored to officiate. This is the third nephew who has asked me to be part of the wedding party. Each one has been different. I love weddings. I love to be part of them. I believe the vows a couple makes to one another are sacred and one can always feel God's presence wherever there is Love.

My first experience, only a year into ministry, was my oldest nephew. I was asked to play piano for the wedding. (I guess that my ministerial consciousness had not fully blossomed.) I took my responsibilities very seriously. I have never practiced so much for anything! I think my rehearsal time was approximately 120 hours for a seven-minute gig plus prelude and postlude. 

The second wedding was a few years later and I was asked to participate jointly with the local minister. Both of those weddings had taken place in Saskatoon, Canada. 

This time, I was asked to officiate and I am thrilled. it has been such fun to envision my nephew and his fiance repeating their promises to each other in such an exquisite setting.When I talked to them about marriage, they both declared to be each other's best friend. I think this is a great place to start! their wedding invitation includes this quote from A.A. Milne's , Winnie the Pooh:
"'Well be friends forever, won't we, Pooh?'  asked Piglet"
"'Even longer,' Pooh answered." 
 Longer than forever is exactly the right length of time to commit to love one another; it is exactly how long we are all loved by the Divine Presence.

This will be my first trip to Costa Rica. I hear it is beautiful.The wedding will take place at the Dreams Las Mareas Resort. The pictures of the resort are spectacular! This is the first destination wedding in which I have participated. (I think that is ironic, since we LIVE in a destination spot!)

I am really going to take a vacation. So although I might peak at email or texts, I do not plan to be available. That does not mean I don't love you. I do!

I will see you all on the 10th of April.

Until then, please bless the happy couple Ryan John Mitchell Clark and his fiance, Anra Lee. They will be getting married on the beach overlooking the ocean at 4:00 PM on April 5, 2016.
Anra Lee and Ryan Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!