We perform this ceremony at the start of Sunday service to promote the universal consciousness of Life which acknowledges that all peoples and all faiths, all sentient beings, come from the One Great Universal Presence, which we call Spirit. Fundamental to this truth is the unifying nature of all Religious thought and experience, which we honor here today.
- We light the candle for the Tao, honoring the universal path of harmony and equilibrium, The Natural Way.
- We light the candle for the Shamanic Traditions, honoring the beliefs and practices of all indigenous peoples, The way of Primal Spirituality.
- We light the candle for Hinduism, honoring the path of knowledge, action, and devotion.
- We light the candle for Judaism, honoring the ethical path of living by sacred law.
- We light the candle for all forms of Buddhism, honoring the Four Noble Truths and the path of compassion.
- We light the candle for all forms of Christianity, honoring the Christ Consciousness as the path of love.
- We light the candle for all forms of Islam, honoring the path of compliance with the will of God as the highest calling.
- We light the candle for the universalistic religion of Baha'i, honoring the path of unity and peace.
- As we light the last candle, let it represent the path that brought you here today.