Friday, August 8, 2014

Experiencing the Fullness of Time



My Watch
Our Journal begins with the statement: "Taking time, killing time, wasting time, never having enough time...How often do you describe your experience of time in one of these ways? In using these words, you perpetuate that feeling, and therefore you are actually creating exactly that experience for yourself."

This is a terrific question to contemplate. If I really knew who I was, and that every thought is a prayer, I would change those thoughts (or complaints) and choose other ideas as well. 
All of us have the same number of hours in our day. What you bring to those hours is up to you. If you keep telling yourself that you do not have enough time or that you are running out of time, and if that belief s accompanied with great anxiety, you will be absolutely right! However, if you take a deep breath and remember that God is all there is, you can release the anxiety and choose a different experience. When you become fully occupied with what is, your experience of time changes.

When I am mindfully living in the moment, I can enjoy time, savor time, treasure time, and experience time.

As I am writing these words, I realize that there have been many times in my life when I was so filled with joy in the moment that hours flew by. I certainly was experiencing time. I remember many family gatherings when we started to sing and play instruments together, and several hours would mysteriously pass in the blink of an eye. How did it get to be 3 AM so soon?  Sometimes deep in a conversation with a friend, I would discover that hours had gone by. Sometimes it is a few moments of joy, while two big black German shepherds give you a kiss, that time stands still.

What makes time stand still for you now? 

Plan to experience quality time this week.  You are enough and there is always enough time! Experience the fullness of time today!


Heather being loved by two big shepherds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!