Saturday, November 16, 2013

Practice Living From Cause and Not Reacting to Effects



This month we are exploring theme of Meditation: The Inner Journey. On Sundays I have shared some techniques and some thoughts about it. As I was contemplating my talk for this Sunday, KGOD, Tuning in to the Infinite, it occurred to me to see what our founder, Ernest Holmes, had to say about meditation.

Dr. Holmes explained how to use the short meditations he wrote which are found in the back of the Science of Mind text. He said, "First, decide which meditation you wish to use; then become quiet and composed. Then carefully read the meditation several times. phrase by phrase, endeavoring to realize the meaning of the words and trying to enter into the atmosphere of the thought. After having done this, meditate upon the words, following that meditation until you feel a sense of realization."

One of the greatest enemies of faith is doubt. I have noticed that when life gets really challenging, some times we doubt the Principle Itself. One of the great early ministers in the Science of Mind movement, Dr. Robert Bitzer, said, "Never abandon Principle, even on a special occasion!" What this means to me, is even when life feels disappointing, disheartening, or disastrous use your mental faculty of will to stay the course. Practice knowing that the Universe is Good and Good only. Practice living from Cause and not reacting to effects.

I would like to share one of Ernest Holmes' meditations.

"Cast Aside All Doubt
Cast aside all doubt, O Soul of mins, and be unafraid, for Thy power is from On High.
He Who sitteth in the heavens shall be Thy champion.
Thou need not fear; Come forth, O Spirit, from within and express Thyself through me and let not my doubts hinder Thy approach. 
My faith shall go forth to meet Thee, and my confidence shall embrace Thee.
My waiting thought shall bid Thee welcome to my house of Love,
And Joy shall accompany us through the ages yet to come.
I lay aside all fear and doubt."

Ernest Holmes
And So It Is

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!