Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Gayatri Mantra: Sacred Chants


sales page 21 purchase 500
Mantra Meditation Journey

I was first introduced to the music of Deva Premal and Miten at Agape International Spiritual Center in Culver City, California. The melodic sounds were so sacred and inviting, the music definitely had the presence of Spirit. 

Recently, Deval Premal and Miten have taken to social media to introduce 21 day mantra meditation journeys. After the first journey was was so successful in April 2013, they introduced another in September 2013. The mantra chants are sanskrit chants that are steeped in such a devotion, just speaking the chants aloud, without knowing the meaning shifts Consciousness. Once the understanding of the meanings of the words are revealed, an even deeper shift can occur. 

The Gayatri Mantra is a devotional Hindu prayer. According to sanskrit.org, "If you are new to Hinduism and want to know at least one prayer, this is the prayer you should learn."


Om Bhur Buvaha Suvaha

Thath Savithur Varenyam

Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi

Dhiyo Yonaha Prachodayath

"The Gayatri mantra (Vedic prayer to illuminate the intelligence) is a sacred mantra that demonstrates the unity that underlies manifoldness in creation. It is through the recognition of this unity that we can understand the multiplicity".
http://www.sathyasai.org/devotion/prayers/gayatri.html

"The Gayatri Mantra is said to be the oldest and most powerful of mantras, being thousands of years old. It purifies the person chanting it as well as the listener as it creates a tangible sense of well being in whoever comes across it. Translated, it means "May all beings on earth reach enlightenment," but as with all mantras, the meaning of the Sanskrit words isn't as important as the effect the vibrations of the words have on the body and energy centers."

http://www.devapremalmiten.com/deva-premal-and-miten-information/articles/my-journey-with-the-gayatri-mantra



Deva states, "My father has been on the spiritual path since the 50's, studying Yoga, spiritual scriptures and whatever books were available then, making it his daily discipline to meditate every morning between 3 and 5 a.m. He taught himself Sanskrit and began chanting mantras. When my mother was pregnant with me, their welcome was to sing the Gayatri Mantra throughout the pregnancy.
As I grew up we continued to chant the Gayatri Mantra together regularly before sleep. I didn't really know what I was singing... and why. I just did it because I was told to. It wasn't until much later that I came to appreciate these precious times."
In 2005, Deva's father made his transition at the age of 83, and accompanied by the Gayatri Mantra

Deva writes:"I feel so grateful that I could be there until the moment of his death. We were singing the Gayatri Mantra to him until the end and so the circle is complete: He accompanied the beginning of my life with it and I the ending of his. I am also very touched by my family...how they were all joining Miten and I with the singing for him and how we are totally in tune with each other about how to deal with everything now..."
http://www.devapremalmiten.com/deva-premal-and-miten-information/articles/my-journey-with-the-gayatri-mantra

Enjoy your meditation today accompanied by the Gayatri Mantra


Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!