Friday, May 22, 2015

Memorial Weekend

I am almost ready to leave for our annual retreat in Lake Arrowhead.

I love this retreat. The setting is so beautiful, the food is great. The conversations are thought-provoking and the after-hours activities are connecting. 

Last year, based on our Friday evening discussions, he entire weekend opened to the theme of authenticity and asking for what you want. It was very powerful.

We will see what this weekend brings.

On Monday, we salute the veterans and then give thanks for those who lost their lives defending their country.

Some ministers use the Memorial Weekend to remember all pour loved ones who are on the other side. I think this is a good practice.

We can always be thankful for our freedoms.

I grew up in Canada, where both veterans and those who have died in combat are honored on remembrance Day, November 11th. When I was a child I memorized the poem, "In Flanders Field."

I have come to understand death differently. I now believe that when we die, we are surrounded by such beauty and love, that there is no longer any quarrel with anyone.

What do you believe?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!