Friday, September 4, 2015

The Same Dream Twice

I am doing something completely different this month for my Sunday messages. I am basing them on the novel, The Alchemist.



This novel is an allegory about life and contains many spiritual treasures. 

It begins with the shepherd boy, Santiago, who has had the same dream twice. The dream is about finding treasure in the pyramids of Egypt.

He finds two different people to help him interpret his dream, a gypsy woman and an old man. The old man tells him, 
"To realize your destiny is a person's only obligation. And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."
The first question that comes to mind is, what does it mean to have a recurring dream? Metaphysically, it means  Subconscious Mind is telling you to pay attention. there is something of value in that dream. Look beyond the literal meaning. Ask yourself what the dream means to you. Only you can determine what it means even though it is often tempting to go to an outside "expert." 

The second question that arises for me is am I living my life's purpose? Am I living my dream now or am I moving toward it? If I am living my dream, excellent! If I am moving toward it, good. But if I am trying to ignore it, then I am working against my highest good.

My most passionate dream is to awaken people to their spiritual magnificence. When I see the light of awareness dawn in someone's eyes, I feel deeply blessed. I feel that my life is on purpose.

Have their been times that I have been discouraged and thought about finding a different dream? Yes, there have been times that I have been discouraged, but no, I cannot think of anything else I would rather do or am compelled to do. 

Have I had to take risks in order to live my dream? Yes, many risks. When I was first called to the ministry, I had more needs than income. I cashed in my retirement savings. That was a big risk on the human level but on the spiritual level, I know that God is my Source and the source of my supply. 
 "And when you want something, the Universe conspires in helping you achieve it."
What are the dreams of your heart? Are you living your divine purpose? There is an alchemist within you; it is ready to transform your life, when you cooperate with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!