Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Gratitude List and the Law of Attraction

Looking for things to be grateful for retrains the brain and lifts our vibration to live the good life.
Keeping a gratitude list is not a new idea. For years, I heard about it from a variety of sources.  Most commonly, the prescribed gratitude list included 5 items or occurrences each day. I would keep a list for a time and then get out of the habit. Honestly, I seemed to put the same things on the list: my family, my health, our home, etc. and never really noticed a profound change in my life. So, when Rev. Bruce suggested I keep a gratitude list I nearly objected. Just so you know, Bruce doesn't simply suggest a list of 5 things but rather a list of 50 to 100 things. Fifty to 100 things!!! He sympathized, "I know that sounds like a lot, but here is why."

He said, the brain is bombarded with input and hardwired to look for danger. It's designed to keep us safe. The problem is focusing on danger creates a life lived from fear. You can train your brain to see the good that's going on in your life which lifts your vibration and attracts more good. By suggesting I keep a daily list of 50 to 100 things that made my day better, he explained, I would start looking for things to be grateful for throughout the day.The simple act of looking for things to be grateful for is one way to retrain the brain to live the good life.

That evening, right before bed, I found a tablet with 25 lines and made two columns so I didn't have to count my items and started listing. It didn't take too long to come up with 50 items, but it did require me to look a little deeper. I gave thanks for clean air and water; for a warm shower and cozy bed; and for my health and the health of each family member. After about 3 days of the same process, I noticed that I was sleeping better.

Now, about two weeks into this evening ritual, I notice that I am feeling happier throughout the day. When things go sideways, I'm calmer. In traffic the other day, I found myself lost in thought with gratitude for the sunny day and my purring car motor rather than focusing on panic thoughts and the rush to get somewhere. I smiled.

I feel more energized during the day and as a result I'm working on things that get me closer to accomplishing my dreams. I've taken steps to establishing a website for my photography business and have some new personal projects in the works. It's exciting!

Join Rev.Bruce Fredenburg for his workshop, Turbocharging the Law of Attraction, to learn more simple and effective ways to retrain your brain to focus on the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!