Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What Does Self Worth Look Like?

gold coins found in the sand
Steeped in my new awareness of Self Worth and I found some buried treasure this week.
After this month of "Self Worth" being the theme of talks and blog posts and meditation how do I peel all this off the page and actually put it into my life.

Where are the moments I need to take a breath and make a new choice?

So I brainstormed throughout the week, when opportunities arose I thought about the ramifications of my choices. So this is my list, feel free to add yours in the comments below.

Self Worth Is
Self worth means making sure I'm eating right with good food choices eatten in the right atmosphere and attitude. 

Self Worth Is Not
Feeding the kids but skipping my meals and relying on coffee and erratic snacking to take care of my nutritional needs. Yes it matters, even for Mom.

Self Worth Is
Taking active means to adjust my thoughts, the seeds of my self talk, with affirmations and techniques. Taking time to be grateful can shift energy quickly and profoundly. There is so much to be grateful for. 

Self Worth Is Not
Snarky and self depreicating humor is not the benign, insignificant thing I thought it once was. Would I want my daughters to adopt these comments as their self talk? See the humor in our daily mistakes, losing the car keys, leaving the coffee on the car roof and driving away, walking away from a toddler with a Sharpie marker within reach, yes these moments are ripe for humor but it doesn't have to be self-depricating humor.

Self Worth Is
The practice of meditation, daily free writing, taking time outdoors (perferably barefoot) feeds me. Taking time to connect empowers me to be my best for myself and others. There is time.

Self Worth Is Not
There is no prize for being the most harried, the most run down, the one with the most impossible schedule or expectations. No prizes here ... move on.

Self Worth Is
Self worth is taking time to unearth those false beliefs we have about ourselves and getting rid of them. Self worth knows the truth of our infinite potential.

Self Worth Is Not
Self worth does not harbor limiting beliefs about itself. Self worth doesn't say "I can't." It may say "I choose not to at this time." Self worth knows that we are worthy of our greatest desires. 

Self Worth Is
Self worth knows it's connection to all things and knows that we are perfect and loved in our current state. 

Self Worth Is Not
Self worth does not feel disconnection, It is the illustion of separatedness which makes us feel pain. Invest your attention in the connection of all things, the wonders of the world and know that you are one and the same.

Self Worth Is
Self worth is teachable. Taking time to be teachable and not fall for the illusions of the ego. To soften and let the world teach you something new with a open and receptive heart.

Self Worth Is Not
Self worth is not rigid or fragile. Self worth does not feel personally rejected if others do not want to do things exactly how you want to do them. Self worth doesn't have to be a know it all. Self worth can learn from others without feeling threatened.

How do you experience Self Worth?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!