Friday, November 14, 2014

A Place Called Home

I have lived in many places from the tiny rural villages I was raised in, to cosmopolitan cities. Each one has a special place in  my heart.

When I knew I was being called to southern California, I was living in Calgary, Alberta. Calgary is a great city, close to the mountains. I has a view of the mountains (on a clear day) from the window of a junior high school classroom. I first came to California in May of 1993. The weather in San Diego was welcoming and warm. Everywhere there were palm trees. (Some of you know that I saw palm trees in my long term vision back in 1985.)
But the most surprising tree was the jacaranda trees. I had never seen a tree bloom in color before.

Last May I took some pictures of jacaranda trees.

Laguna Niguel Jacaranda
There are so many exquisite plants and trees here. I trust that we all remember to be open to their beauty. 

The trees are phenomenal but it is really the people I remember.

The cute surfer in Hawaii, sitting under a tall palm tree on the beach in Waikiki,who I returned to see many times. 

The wonderful men and women in my first center in beautiful Bonita, who helped me establish myself as a teacher and speaker.

The wonderful men and women here in San Clemente who continuously call me to my greatness, who share their hopes and dreams with me, and who remind me to rise to my higher self.

What surrounds you? What vegetation reminds you that you are home?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!