Wednesday, March 28, 2012

One Instance of Compassion Changes the World

This past Sunday, Dr. Heather shared the video below....




Being a dog lover, I was so moved by it and went home to Google it and show my sons.  I was pleased to find that Eldad videos many of his rescues and airs them on YouTube to raise awareness.

My immediate reaction was, "I want to do that and change the world!"


When I  got out of my head and really thought from the heart, I realized my connection with Eldad wasn't wanting to save dogs, but compassion.

I show compassion in many other ways every single day.  

I show it to my boys, my husband, I show it to my clients in business, I show it to my friends.  

What I viewed as an amazing show of compassion from Eldad Hager was nothing more spectacular than what each of us does every given day...he simply videos it.

My desire to change the world like I immediately thought Eldad was is happening.  For me, I change women's lives...one person at a time.

I tell my boys everyday to make someone smile today...they change one person's life each day.

My dog, Lucy gives me such an overwhelming show of love everyday as she follows me all over the house, then rests her head on my chest every night...she changes my life every day.

The realization of how I change lives everyday just as Eldad does, has had a deep impact on me this week.    I am more aware of it when I do it. 

Don't ever underestimate the power YOU have to change the world.

It doesn't have to be in large, worldwide movements.  

Changing the world means affecting someone's life each day in a positive way...i.e. making them smile, buying a stranger a coffee, helping someone with their groceries.

When we do this, we not only affect that person for a moment, we show them compassion and it naturally encourages them to do the same.

So, I ask you...what can you do, today, to change the world?

1 comment:

  1. Heather sure hit all of our soft spots this weekend, Great post Vidette.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Comment!