Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It Takes a Village

Just as the old saying goes, "It takes a village to raise a child,"

I believe it also takes a village to build a community of like-minded individuals spreading an impactful message. 

So, what happens when the village goes quiet?

When new ideas are generated, the village gets excited.  Everyone chips in their ideas and their efforts, but as time goes by, life gets busy, excuses form, and slowly but surely, the village gets quiet.  There is always a few die-hards that keep the ideas and efforts going, but they work harder making up for those who have decided to go quiet.

This very blog was an idea spawned by a dedicated few committed to spreading the message of our Center and truly discussing the transformations it has brought to our lives.  We started out strong, but little by little, the messages dropped off, until there was one silent blogger getting the message out.

What I have come to realize is "how you do one thing, is how you do everything."  It was a wake up call for myself.  I know I'm a doer, I know I'm an action-taker, but I dropped the ball on this blog, and I committed a disservice to this Center and to myself.   That said, I have known in the past few months that I have been quiet here, and that I dropped the ball, but I ignored that whisper. 

I have committed to this Center and to myself to "show up" in every aspect of my life.  So, I recommit my time and energies to the very things that I have committed to.  I call myself out. 

So, I turn the tables....where in your life are you not "showing up?"

What have you committed to that you know and recognize that you have dropped the ball?

When you identify it or are called out on it, it's never too late to pick that ball back up, gratefully reengage and honor your commitments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!