Saturday, February 16, 2013

Connections lives We Touch Now and Then

Connections lives We Touch Now and Then
When I was a little girl I had a crush on all my uncles. I had an especially big crush on my uncle who was only two years older than me. I probably followed him round on family gatherings and giggled a lot in his presence. As far as I knew, he didn't know I existed. For many reasons, after I moved to the United States in. 1993, we lost touch.

My uncle and his wife, en route to cruise Hawaii, were in the area a couple of weeks ago. We got together for lunch. We spent a delightful time together catching up on thirty years of living!

Two surprising things I discovered were that he told his wife and friends that I was a great public speaker! That was a surprise since I was certain that he didn't know I existed. He didn't know I could talk, what's more speak in public.


Secondly, he said that he had had a big crush on me! What a shock!

Here is my point. I had a greater impact on my uncle than I ever imagined.

You are also more powerful than you now know. You are touching more lives than you can imagine. When you live from a conviction that you do matter, the world listens. You can help create a world that works for everyone simply by letting your heart light shine, see the good in people around you. Let them know that you see them, hear them and value them.

It reminds me of a story a girl cried out to God, "god, the world is in such a mess. People are broken-hearted, lonely and afraid. God, please do something!" And God replied, "I did. I sent you."

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Heather, This was beautiful. My heart is open and ready for the day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Comment!