Thursday, February 9, 2012

Parent Forum


As a business owner, I remember starting my business a little confused.

I wasn't sure what to do and when to do it. I was a little lost, stumbling forward each day while "I figured it out" as I went.

That worked for a little while until I realized I wasn't giving my business the knowledge and attention it deserved.

So I set out to find mentors and surrounded myself with other business owners. I joined Mastermind groups, which as Napolean Hill explained in his book, "Think and Grow Rich," are small groups of like-minded individuals who share ideas, mentoring and advice on a similar topic.

Mastermind groups have resulted in exponential growth for me and my business.

So, is it any wonder that, as parents, we don't treat our roles as parents the same?

We give birth, maybe read a book or two, and then stumble forward "figuring this parenting" thing out as we go.

Last week, I attended Rev. Pattie Mercado's Thursday Parent Forum.

What a FANTASTIC experience it was.  I brought up a couple of challenges I was experiencing and, low and behold, received some great feedback of things that worked for other parents...and things that didn't work so well.

As in a business Mastermind group, it was comforting to know that other people are experiencing the same challenge, but more so, that others have the answer.

If you are a parent, I encourage you to join us at the next parent forum. The first Thursday of each month, Pattie will bring us together to laugh, maybe cry, but most importantly, how to be better parents!

Who doesn't want that?

It's fun, it's informative, it's a great way to know you are sane and not as crazy of a parent that you think you are...o.k. maybe I should speak for myself, but am I the only one that sometimes thinks I'm not cut out or a complete failure at parenting?

Pattie calls it a 'Parent Forum...'

I call it a 'Parent Mastermind!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!