Saturday, April 6, 2013

No Need to Keep It Secret

Life is a mirror and will reflect back to the thinker what he thinks into it. - Ernest Holmes

Recently I was asked to bless our new business neighbors, Evolution Hospitality. The president of the company asked about our Center, what we believed, and what denomination we were. I answered that we are spiritual, honoring the golden thread of truth that flows through all religions, and that we believed that consciousness was creative. Immediately he explained that his company was based on spiritual principles. To help me prepare for the blessing, he sent me some information about the company, including their mission statement, guiding principles and culture matrix. I was deeply moved. The company is Evolution Hospitality, led by President John Murphy and team.
Evolution Hospitality is a very successful company that has been in business for over 25 years, guided by powerful principles.

Their Guiding Principles are:

  • Make it better than it was before.
  • Always give each other the benefit of the doubt. Always.
  • Be honest with yourself; only then can you be honest with others.
  • Do everything with gratitude and humility.
  • Communicate clearly and directly and take time to say what you mean.
  • Give feedback immediately. Accept feedback openly.
  • It's o.k. to say, "I'm sorry..I.'m wrong...I don't know."
  • Keep all who need to know informed.
  • Lead by example and walk your talk.
  • Listen.
  • Focus on what is important, not urgent.
  • Always do what you say you are going to do.
  • Resolve all conflict within 24 hours.
  • Be responsive.
  • None of us are as good as all of us.
  • Test it...don't be afraid to fail.
  • Celebrate success wildly.
  • Practice random acts of kindness.
  • Always do what is in the best interest of the company.
I believe that these principles are great for all of us, for use in our personal as well as business lives. It reminds me of Robert Fulghum's book, All I Really Need To Know I Learned in Kindergarten. Spiritual Truth does not need to be complicated; it is profound in its simplicity. 

It also reminded me about our Sacred Covenant that the Board of Trustees wrote together last year.



SACRED COVENANT

There is only One Life!  This Life is Good!  This Life is God!  This Life is my Life now! In knowing that I am one with this Life that is God… I therefore know that I am one with each and every one of Its blessed expressions, which includes this beloved revelation called



The Center for Spiritual Living Capistrano Valley

Because I know that the highest Purpose of this Center is to glorify God, I therefore know that this Center is a revelation of God as Unity.


As I stand alone in the High Altar of Consciousness, I see this Center revealed before me as a connected growing community.


I participate in the Center in full cooperation and agreement with my beloved partners, knowing the Truth about myself for:


  • I am honoring the Divine in myself and all others.
  • I am speaking and listening as Love.
  • I am experiencing the value of my work.
  • I am knowing the joy of service.
  • I am staying spiritually renewed.
  • I am being fully supported and abundantly prospered in the fulfillment of these intentions.
  • I know that this Center is fully supported by the Word of God, for it is written:

“Love is a cosmic force whose sweep is irresistible.”
--- Ernest  Holmes

As I now accept the highest expression of this Center into my life, I know that it is revealed in a way that glorifies God and serves the highest and greatest good of all who are touched by its unfoldment.  I am grateful God is gracious.  

So be it now!  Amen

What I know for sure is that I would rather do business with someone who has similar values to mine. I want our business to be God's business and operated with the highest consciousness always. I want my business to be God's business and operated with the highest  ideals. 


Businesses are using spiritual principles. Businesses like Evolution Hospitality are demonstrating that there does not need to be a different set of rules that we follow in business different from our personal lives. We are spiritual beings, having  human experience. There is no need to keep it secret any longer. Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!