Thursday, April 11, 2013

Remembering to Pray Instantly Eases A Frantic Life


Remembering to Pray Instantly Eases A Frantic Life


I like to consider myself a positive person, but I have to admit that I arrived at my daughters’ water polo practice yesterday afternoon feeling more than a little frazzled, as the challenges of the day and a scheduling nightmare looming for this weekend had begun to take their toll.

As I was ruminating over my predicament, a friend from church happened to call, regarding a project I’d been working on. Her first words, after I told my tale of woe, were to ask whether I’d prayed about it. Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather! I’d been so fixated on putting out fires all day, that I hadn’t even stopped to contemplate the idea.

As soon as she said it, I instantly felt lighter. Of course! That was exactly what I needed to do! How fortunate that God sends us messengers, if we are willing to listen.

I finished my phone call, and prayed about the whole situation. Right there on the pool deck. I’d like to tell you that, through the power of affirmative prayer, solutions instantly presented themselves to the thorny problems that plagued me all day. Alas, that was not the case, but I can tell you that I INSTANTLY felt better when I released those issues through that little pool deck prayer. (Versus feeling exhausted after unsuccessfully forcing my solutions on things all day.)

There is so much power in the simple, symbolic act of releasing one’s intentions to the Universe, and allowing them to unfold.

Knowing that I create my existence according to my belief.

Knowing that it is all right action.

Knowing it is All Good, because it is ALL God.

I was filled with gratitude, as I sat down to watch my two daughters finish practice, and contemplated the teachable moment I’d provided for them.  

-- By Melissa Echelberger
Melissa parents three busy kids, volunteers more than 40 hours a week in her community and recently joined Center for Spiritual Living Capistrano Valley blogging family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!