Sunday, May 26, 2013

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path...


Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path...
Do not go where the path may lead,
go instead where there is no path...

Sunday is church day. I love church day, connecting with my spiritual community, spending time in prayer, meditation and spiritual growth with my peeps!  That's the way it has been for decades in my house.

Every once in a while, I find myself away from my spiritual center and look to connect with God in whatever town I find myself. Today was one of those days. Not finding a Center for  Spiritual Living in our area didn't stop my husband and I in finding a place to connect with the Infinite. We found ourselves in Snow Canyon State Park just outside St. George, Utah. 

As we embarked on what was expected to be an easy 4 mile hike I noticed all of the other hikers out finding their bliss in nature. We were following a general trail that seemed well established, but like life,  there were so many options to cut off the main path; we really had to pay attention. As you might guess, we did find ourselves on a completely different trail, at a completely different destination. And yet, what we were looking for: Peace, Nature, Beauty and God surrounded us. There were other nature enthusiasts out and about and we shared moments in passing - connecting on common ground. That experience that I love so much each Sunday at the Center for Spiritual Living Capistrano Valley I found in a different way, with a different group of spiritual seekers today in nature. 

Like the spiritual seekers that we are, my husband and I forged our own path several times today. We went off the beaten path, creating our own, and always, always we were aware of God. My Center in San Clemente is my spiritual home of choice where I connect, grow, teach, learn and engage in living my divine purpose; today I am reminded that God is everywhere, right where I am God is. And so it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!