Monday, May 13, 2013

Grateful For Mothers




Yesterday was Mothers Day. Having a preteen and teen daughters, I really didn't expect much. I know that sounds terrible but if you live with teens you know exactly what I mean.

I'm happy to report I was wrong. It wasn't that my family had all this extravagant fanfare planned. On the contrary. They packed a lunch and took me to the beach. I got to spend the whole day at the beach and my girls weren't even embarrassed to be seen with me! It's amazing how I've come full circle with all these expectations from Mothers Day past. Now I totally appreciate just quality time with them. It's like finding gold it's so rare. Yes we spend time together because we live together but on Mothers Day they consciously wanted to be with me and make me happy. AHHH, I'm still basking in the joy of it all.

I also recognize that mothers aren't always biological. Many years ago when my mother exited my life I spent a few years asking the Universe for a mother. I wanted one whom would love me unconditionally, be my best friend and shopping companion, just basically be there for me. Did such a mother exist? It seems most of my friends had that. Mind you, this was before I studied Science Of Mind. On some level I guess I didn't deserve it. But that didn't stop me from asking.

Then one day I had one of those Light Bulb moments. That beautiful mother I was longing for had been right under my nose the whole time! She is my aunt Tanya. We've always been close but some magnetic force drew us together on a deeper level. My new realization hit me like a ton of bricks. She  is everything a mom should be plus more.

I want to take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude to God for proving that we are all worthy and entitled to all the Abundant Gifts the Universe has to offer. I found my mom, and she couldn't be a better grandmother and my uncle too. For my beautiful girls God has entrusted me to raise. And of course my wonderful husband who is always there for me.

I live a rich and beautiful life and I am one lucky Mother!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!