Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Fresh New Start


A Fresh New Start
A Fresh New Start
Just this Monday, I decided to embark on a new journey. This began a new process, a new start that was inspired by the novel Eat, Pray, Love. by Elizabeth Gilbert. I had the sudden desire to enlighten myself and become closer and more aware of my godself. So, to do so I did three things.

These three processes include one of which is a bit of a challenge to me, but shows myself that I am completely devoted to changing my own life. And, that is meditation. After school, I always feel so worn out and drained, or as if I'd just carried a large boulder on my head, so the afternoon wasn't the perfect time of day. Instead of meditating when I returned home, I finally decided to put that absurd thought aside, accepting that as my relaxing time, and do my meditation and begin my spiritual practices in the morning, making a more efficient, more positive, new beginning to each day.

As well as meditating for twenty to thirty minutes each day, I have begun to journal once more, spilling out all of my dreams, goals, anything I need to drop onto paper in order to feel lighter, happier, more aware of my surroundings. This has created a much more exciting feel to my everyday life, in embellishing my goals and flaunting them with care and acceptance. And, as well as lifting heavy thoughts and affirming truths, journaling has become an excellent practice of my own art.

The third spiritual practice I have begun to engulf myself in is Class. Yes, I have started to take Pattie Mercado's Exploring Roots of Science of Mind classes, and although it has not even been one week since the class premiered, I feel stronger in my spiritual, as well as academic development. This class has already allowed me to expand in my own roots, as a teen, by gaining more knowledge about this beautiful teaching, and all at the same time, starting connections within the congregation. This opportunity is a fabulous one, and I am glad to be indulging myself in these wonderful, new ways of spiritual growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!