Wednesday, May 22, 2013

For crying out loud.

In Robin Pajaro's recent blog post, Are you Somatized?, her last line states, "And have a good cry once in a while. It's free and very effective."

I will be the first one to freely admit I am a crier, many people know this about me. Being a highly sensitive individual (yes, I will use a label for reference),  whenever I have a strong emotion, I cry. I can be happy, sad, excited, frustrated, you name it, I will cry. I've actually come to embrace that part of me that uses tears as an outlet.  

Dr. William H. Frey II, a biochemist, and his team found that, "emotional tears contained protein-based hormones, all of which are produced by our body when under stress. The body is ridding itself of these chemicals through tears, which explains why we usually feel better after a good cry." 

Yes, crying is very effective in releasing any type of emotion, however, try not to rely on it as the only outlet.

 

CREATE



A creative outlet is not only beneficial to oneself, it could provide a space of love for others to enjoy. Since invited to join this wonderful, Spiritual, community of bloggers, this outlet has been a complete blessing. I can really say what I need to say.

I invite each and every one of the members in our Spiritual community to express themselves through a creative medium. Whether it is art, poetry, written word or music, the expression of creativity allows all to just "say what you need to say."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!