Friday, June 14, 2013

We Think That What We Do Doesn't Matter

“It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world” ~ Chaos Theory

When they say "God is expressing in you and through you" I always get a little concerned.

It feels like quite a responsibility.

If my thoughts, words and actions are the thoughts, words and actions of God (insert your fininte word for the Infinite with the least emotional baggage) expressing through me it seems as though I should take a little more care as to what is thought, said and done.

I've had a statement rolling around in my head the last few days. I just can't get it out of my mind.

We think that what we do doesn't matter. 

And I am just beginning to see how many ramifications there are to this untruth.

We can think we are too small to make change. We can think that there is nothing we can do in this big world to make it better.

We can think we don't have a contribution to make, a worthy gift to give.

We can think our children aren't watching are very moves, our very gestures, our words.

We can think our presence (or sometime our absense) will not matter, that we do not count, that nothing we could do would be worthy of making change.

But we would be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!