Thursday, June 6, 2013

Let Gifts Guide You to Your Higher Purpose

My gift of photography captures my daughter's gift of dance,
and we both live our higher purpose.

I've come to discover that when a concept comes to me in many ways...I hear, see or read it in a number of different places... it's a message from the Universe to pay attention; to look more closely at the idea being offered. So lately, the Universe has brought "gifts" to my attention.

Our culture offers many opportunities throughout the year for gift giving. Birthdays, Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day, and graduation are just a few of the times each year we go online or to the store looking for the perfect gift for someone. For me, gift selection isn't my favorite part of the process. During a recent workshop regarding the Five Languages of Love, I discovered and came to terms with gift selection as a chore I would rather delegate to someone else who I deem more worthy because he or she has better taste or more creative ideas.

When I got home from the workshop, I told my husband about my discovery. And then, knowing me so well, he said, "You give lots of gifts." He went on to acknowledge the photographs I make and share on my personal blog and the joy and love those photographs bring my family and close friends. Aw man...he was right! My photography is a gift I give lovingly, joyfully and freely without worry about whether it will fit or if it will be appreciated. It is MY gift to give.

The concept of gifts continued to pop up in my experience and then the light bulb went on in my head when I was reading The Last Shaman by William Whitecloud. This fictional tale offers a highly imaginative and illuminating look at how we can open up to being guided along the path of our highest destiny. On page 95 the Last Shaman tells the main character the following:

"First, the being within: That means you are not just a carcass with some gray matter computing the most logical way to survive. There's a spirit inside, a pure creative spirit connected to everything through all time and space. This essence has a destiny, a purpose to fulfill, and many gifts and talents that support the expression of that nature. This is our greatness. The ability to own what we truly exist to serve, and the actualization of that, defines our personal sovereignty."

And then it dawned on me the message behind gifts. The gifts we give freely, joyfully and lovingly are the bread crumbs leading us to our higher purpose...our reason for being. It's not some great mystery but rather an invitation to do what we love, give it freely and live our highest calling on purpose.


What gifts of talent and treasure do you give joyfully and freely? Do that and live your highest destiny!

To download The Last Shaman visit Amazon with this link:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!